Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin/guesthouse near Amsterdam
blinkster
# Posted: 31 May 2020 15:10

Hi all! We finally decided to build a cabin/guesthouse in our back garden. Since I am just an amateur, it would be great to have some more eyes on the project to prevent building something that ends up collapsing during a storm. So, I thought it would be a good idea to start with the wood framing. We are using 7x17cm beams (Oregon pine) for the frame. I was planning to use half-Lap joints for the rafters and the ridge. Could anyone tell me if this is the most practical solution or should I consider another type of joints? Will this construction hold? The foundation will be made of concrete and the right beams will be attached to a wall. The facade will be all glass. Curious if there is a lot to change from my initial idea! Regards, Mart
constructie.png
constructie.png
concept.png
concept.png

DaveBell
# Posted: 31 May 2020 15:54

https://logcabinkits.co.uk/

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.