Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Looking for a dry-in crew in East TN
Sdefo
# Posted: 1 Jun 2020 21:41

We are looking for a dry-in crew to build a cabin kit made by a company that doesn't do dry-ins. The company itself has exhausted their options for builders able to work within the next 2-4 months. We are adding onto an existing cabin (purchased as a kit from the same company 5 years ago and built by a great crew out of Florida that doesn't seem to exist anymore). Every log builder that I find online seems to be affiliated with specific log companies and won't build someone else's kits. Does anyone know of a crew that would possibly build in East Tennessee? If you are able to help, thank you in advance!!

Brettny
# Posted: 2 Jun 2020 08:15

I see many problems in the future. Theres prob a reason why no one will build another builders kit.

Sdefo
# Posted: 2 Jun 2020 16:14

It is my understanding that many, many people are in business doing just that...building kits that are produced and shipped to places nationwide. Some of them subcontract with log companies directly, but some of them contract with the homeowners. We've already done it once and had a great experience, both with the log company and the building crew. The problem right now is that places are either shut down (as with our former dry-in crew) or they are busy for the foreseeable future. I took a chance here to see if anyone knows of someone looking for this kind of work. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

old243
# Posted: 2 Jun 2020 21:09

Not what you plan , or want to hear. Possibly you can postpone your build , till next year. Or until you can find a reputable crew. Better than having a crew that will not make a good job. old243

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.