Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Generator for power
HHH
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 18:47

Hi new to this site. I have a small cabin 400 sq. ft.
My builder installed 3 power outlets. A light switch
that will turn on fan with a light. He is not a electrician.
There is wires hanging down under my cabin, I want to use a generator now and then. How and what do I need to set this up pictures would be great.
Thank you HHH

Nobadays
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 19:01

Quoting: HHH
pictures would be great.

I'll start, welcome! ... yep pictures would be great I think we need to see these wires... if possible from where they start to where they terminate under the cabin.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 19:56 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Also, if its not finished on the inside, I would suggest a small inside panel, run circuits from that to your lighting and outlets and then feed the panel with an input from your generator using an inlet.

HHH
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 20:56

The inside is finish. When I go back I will take pictures.He the builder installed power boxes in the wall then the wires went through the floor. So what do I connect the wires to a fuse box?? or what type of box ?[b][/b] HHH

ICC
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 21:22

You have to tell us exactly what is there now. Pictures will help a lot. The better the info you supply the more accurate the responses can be.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Oct 2020 22:56

I will wait to see what you have now, and we can all pitch in and go from there.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.