Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / moisture gauge on bought firewood - bad idea?
optimistic
# Posted: 19 Oct 2020 13:21

I will buy firewood this season. Have bigger stuff to spend time on then making firewood...

Obviously all the chums on craigslist assure me it is seasoned but I doubt it. Question is... is it crazy to have someone bring it to me, test it in front of him, then if it isn't - say sorry - not interested?

not in the mood to get into a fight with a person selling firewood off craigslist haha

or is that legitimate to do?

Brettny
# Posted: 19 Oct 2020 14:42

Ask them if they have used a moisture gauge on it. If they haven't pass. There about $20.

You have to split a piece and check the inside to get an accurate measurement. Petty much if it hasn't been stored under a roof for about a year is prob wet.

Seasoned and dry can be two dif things to people.

jsahara24
# Posted: 19 Oct 2020 14:54

Quoting: optimistic
is it crazy to have someone bring it to me, test it in front of him, then if it isn't - say sorry - not interested?

Perhaps a middle ground is to go to their place and test it b4 they load and deliver it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.