Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Eh.... Hand cleaner?
Nobadays
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 15:27 - Edited by: Nobadays

My new piece of equipment arrived today! With the shortages and, well my desire for cleanliness... inside and out, figured I better be able to make my own products.

Here is a picture of the new piece of stainless steel ( I have pure copper mesh to stuff the riser to scrub the sulfites) alongside my brew kettle and to the right is the PID controller to run the brew rig. Extra bonus the new, eh kettle/pot... has a tri-clamp on the bottom so I can get an electric element to then use my brew controller for the pot stil.... I mean hand cleaner kettle
Pot Still
Pot Still

WILL1E
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 15:44

If you need test subjects i'll volunteer!!

gcrank1
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 15:48

How much concentrated hand cleaner does one get from x amount of solution?

Nobadays
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 16:17

This is an 8 gallon apparatus so with some head room, around 6 gallons of initial product. It should yield between 1-2 gallons of "hand/internal cleaner" depending on how you make the cuts. The first 1/3 of the run, the Heads, are usually not great (the first pint is no bueno at all! Maybe as parts cleaner!), the middle 1/3, the Hearts is the best then the Tails of which some might be ok to blend in. Generally you will take the Heads and most of the Tails and put them back into the next run.

BUT...I'm new to this enterprise and have much to learn! I've been brewing beer since the 90's and all who drink it tell me I'm pretty good at it. I've also done a lot of wine... some of the wine actually good... some of it not so good. Got this device to put the not so good wine in and make another use from it.

paulz
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 19:46

Wear your suspenders!

Nobadays
# Posted: 8 Feb 2021 20:39

Quoting: paulz
Wear your suspenders!

Gonna have to.... don't own any bib overalls!

NorthRick
# Posted: 10 Feb 2021 14:16

You'll need to start using phrases like "corn squeezns" and "revenue man" when you're making a batch.

Nobadays
# Posted: 10 Feb 2021 15:33

Quoting: NorthRick
using phrases like "corn squeezns"

Except I really don't like corn liquor. Used to rarely drink any whiskey until we spent some time in Scotland and Ireland... dang they spoiled me! I'm a Scotch or Irish whisky guy all the way! Single malt unpeated Scotch preferably.... I'll likely never be able to produce a whisky like I like to drink but it will be fun trying! I hopefully will get about 15 gallons of oxidized wine converted to something drinkable... or at least hand cleaner!

Hope I don't see any "revenue man"

paulz
# Posted: 11 Feb 2021 15:23

You should probably build a false floor in the bed of the Tracker, for making deliveries.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 11 Feb 2021 17:27

🎼🎼🎼copper head road🎸🎸🎸🎸🎼🎼🎼🎼

Daaaaaaaan
# Posted: 1 Mar 2021 23:09

Quoting: Nobadays
the first pint is no bueno at all! Maybe as parts cleaner!

I've heard it makes a good windshield washer. Or gas-line antifreeze.

Nobadays
# Posted: 2 Mar 2021 08:40

Quoting: Daaaaaaaan
I've heard it makes a good windshield washer. Or gas-line antifreeze.

Hadn't heard that... thanks! I've given the foreshots so far to a friend who repairs/sells old dolls. She says it's really good cleaner for her applications.

paulz
# Posted: 2 Mar 2021 11:02

Reminds me of the old days when we put booze in the windshield washer bottle and routed the hose inside the car.

Nobadays
# Posted: 2 Mar 2021 11:56

Quoting: paulz
we put booze in the windshield washer bottle and routed the hose inside the car.

You can still see!

Alaskajohn
# Posted: 3 Mar 2021 09:59

I hail from Appalachia and I hear that none of my kinfolk has caught the COVID due to the excellent hand cleaning products that sanitize both inside and out. Oh, and false floors come standard in most vehicles sold in them parts. It’s unfortunate that I’ve not learned the family formula.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.