Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Direct Vent Propane Heater
Wilbour
# Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:33

I own the Ashley Stove direct vent heater. It has been effective for the most part but this year I've noticed that it doesn't seem to go into stage 2 heating. There should be a secondary stage flame that kicks in when it needs extra heating.

Perhaps the line is blocked?

Has anyone taken there's appart for cleaning?

ICC
# Posted: 23 Mar 2021 18:32

Gas supply lines should never need cleaning.

If a two-stage burner is not kicking into high it is usually because the ambient temperature is high enough for the thermostat setting that high is not needed. With my thermostats connected to variable output heaters, I can trick the system into kicking into high output by setting the thermostat to a very high temperature, like 90 F or more. My thermostats go up to a high setting of 99 F (digital). If the burner switches to high when that is done then there would seem to not be a sufficient differential between the ambient temperature and the setting on the thermostat.

Or there is a problem with the thermostat, or the valve solenoids. Or something.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.