Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Direct vent propane heater won’t stay lit
Kylesimpson
# Posted: 5 Nov 2021 17:35

Hey all
So I bought an Ashley hearth 11000 btu direct vent propane heater for my little camp in the bush, got it all hooked up, bought a bread new regulator , and it won’t stay lit. I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the heat on it puts the pilot out ..not if I take the plate of the front and get it where you can see the pilot and the heat bar I can light it manually and it will stay light but only if I don’t screw the plate back on tight, it’s like it isn’t getting enough air and it suffocated it as soon as I would tighten the crew for the plate ..any ideas what cold be causing this? Thanks in advance !

paulz
# Posted: 5 Nov 2021 17:59

Are you using a supplied vent kit, installed just like it says? My used direct vent came with a different vent kit, took some jockeying around to get the airflow right. Have to make sure the exhaust air isn't sucked back in.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.