Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Mr Heater Buddy and 100lb propane tank
13moe
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 14:02

I purchased a Mr Heater Buddy propane heater to keep my small cabin warm. I used it this past weekend with the proper Mr Heater 10 foot hose and it worked great with my 20lb propane tank. My question is....I have a half full 100lb tank that I want to use for the same purpose. The hose fits in the 100lb tank but I was wondering if I would need any type of regulator or anything because of the possible pressure coming from the 100lb tank? Appreciate it...just don't know much about propane connections/pressure. thx

travellerw
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 14:48

There must be a regulator somewhere in the line. In your case, I'm guessing its near the heater (looks like a round aluminum disc about 1 inch thick).

There is not different regulators for different size bottles. As long as there is a proper regulator in line for the device you are running you can hook to any size bottle.

13moe
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 14:55

Well, where you hook up a 1lb tank, 20 lb tank it screws into the swivel regulator as a basic BBQ hookup would....just wasn't sure that would be enough. See photo
swivel regulator
swivel regulator

gcrank1
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 15:21

No Problem, the cylinder pressures are the same, just different volumes, regulated at the heater in This Case.
You may want to look at getting the Mr. Heater fuel filter. Look up why online and decide.

13moe
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 15:37

Quoting: gcrank1
No Problem, the cylinder pressures are the same, just different volumes, regulated at the heater in This Case.
You may want to look at getting the Mr. Heater fuel filter. Look up why online and decide.

Ya, the hose I bought specifically states no filter needed. (10 foot Mr Heater hose)

gcrank1
# Posted: 17 Oct 2022 18:51 - Edited by: gcrank1

Some folks have had issues with their Mr Heaters (but I dont have one so) of some hoses having oil squeezed from the rubber compound and plugging the heater orifice(?) and the problem is solved with the filter OR with a high-pressure hose made of a different compound. That must be the type hose you have.
Most portable LP devices have a regulator at the cylinder, thus low-pressure lines. Note that a high-pressure line can be used on those but not the other way around.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.