Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / My Best New Purchase
gcrank1
# Posted: 12 May 2023 10:09 - Edited by: gcrank1

Bought last Wed morning, a pallet fork attachment with 42" tines for the JD 1025R sub-compact tractor. Id been using the 'clamp-on' pallet forks that go on the lip of the front end loader (FEL) bucket. Those work but to me leave a lot to be desired . I'll make somebody a good deal if you want to come pick em up.
Could hardly wait to try the new toy out; we did about 2 days of work in 1.5hrs. FUN and Efficient.
Im pretty sure this rig will be on the tractor most of the time.
With a solid topped pallet I have an adj. height gear hauler and work platform too.

Brettny
# Posted: 12 May 2023 13:37

About 9 months ago I bought my first SSQA equipped tractor. The ability to quickly change to forks was the major drive for me to buy a newer machine. I have a Express Steel brand set of 48in forks. US made and was under $800 shipped, last fall prices.

Forks are wonderfull but having a grapple is the bees knees for clearing trees.

gcrank1
# Posted: 12 May 2023 15:12

Prices are up a fair bit, and I predict going higher with the inflation/currency devaluation cycle. Wish I would have been in the market in 2019 when retail was (as I saw reported on a tractor forum) considered high at $750......
So, for us it was a no-brainer to 'get it now'.
Then she asked,"What attachment are you going to buy next?". Gotta love that

Nobadays
# Posted: 12 May 2023 19:14

I agree, pallet forks are the bomb! I use the forks A LOT! I'm going to take at least 4-5 pallets back up when we move back in a couple of weeks. I took my tracks off while I was up there last week, put them on pallets and just easily moved them where I wanted to. Lifted and moved a whole bunch of logs as well.

Going to start putting a lot of stuff on pallets so I can move them and eventually stack them when I get my equipment shed built. I plan to have a "shelf" across the back that will be just deep enough for pallets mainly to put implements and my tracks. This way I can get things off the ground but still have basically full depth bays to store the tractor, snowmobile as they can be partially under the shelf.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 13 May 2023 06:38

I bought an artillian grapple which is a modular design. That converts from grapple to pallet forks. I had to add the third function valve to my tractor. It is quite handy. It also has a built in 2” receiver if you need to move a trailer around the yard.

https://www.artillian.com/products/grapples-rakes-accessories/
D9960113A1CE4AC69.jpeg
D9960113A1CE4AC69.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 13 May 2023 08:58

From all Ive seen and read the Artillian products are top tier, certainly a nice choice if one can afford it.

jsahara24
# Posted: 15 May 2023 09:05

Very nice....That is my biggest complaint on my Kubota L4200.......no quick attach front end, and a large reason for my desire to upgrade...

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 May 2023 10:25

Old mod to mount a ball for a hitch on a pallet fork is to cut a hole in the tip of one fork.
Problem with the 2" receiver back on the frame is that you have to drop the forks (heavy & awkward) to use the hitch.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.