<< . 1 . 2 .
redwolfguild
# Posted: 2 Feb 2024 17:37 - Edited by: redwolfguild

Quoting: gcrank1
It will get awfully confusing if the incorrect terms are used

Correct. I have edited my resposne.

spencerin
# Posted: 2 Feb 2024 20:41 - Edited by: spencerin

I did find a video on YouTube where a guy connected his inverter to the shore/generator port, but also made it clear that the converter charger needed to be disabled. Which was already suggested, but it was good to see someone actually do it on video. https://youtu.be/ekA39_o3jDA?feature=shared

razmichael
# Posted: 3 Feb 2024 09:48

The diagrams I linked to in my post above shows how I did this with a 30amp rated AC/DC DPDT toggle switch where, in one position the Converter was not connected to AC and 12v distribution was through the battery setup. In the other position the converter was active and providing the 12v through the DC circuits. Along with the 4-way marine switch to handle the battery to DC side of things it allowed for a lot of flexibility (that I rarely needed). With the built in transfer switch and charger in the inverter it all worked great - but as I said 9along with others), it depends so much on what the existing system looks like.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.