Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Sand point question?
Anonymous
# Posted: 19 Apr 2009 15:03

Hi, Im just wondering what i can do to install my sand point for just water around the yard. In the area im installing it there is only 6 inches of black dirt on the surface then it imediatly goes to red wet sand. The water table is very high but it makes it difficult. When i try to make the hole for the pipe the wet sand collapses in the hole and the the water rushes in and fills up the hole. I only need to go about 14 feet. I try to pound it down through that wet sand and it wont go. What ways could i try to get it in without the water rushing in ruining the strength of the walls of the hole?

Anonymous
# Posted: 27 Apr 2009 17:20

I was able to get it in, i used 2 5' sections of inch and a quarter inside pipe and some couplers with a pitcher pump and a post pounder. Now i am able to get water for my 75 trees around the yard of my cabin rather than the trek to the north to the bridge over my creek to get a bucket of water.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.