Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / First time using the oven.
rayyy
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 14:03

Well I baked brownies for my girlfriend in my new gas oven in the cabin for the first time.Turned out really good.Now I got to try my hand at chocolate chip cookies next.Wish me luck.

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 14:16

Keep that up and your girlfriend is gonna want to marry you!!!!

groingo
# Posted: 18 Mar 2012 14:34

I use and old Everhot stovetop oven I rescued many years ago in a hayloft under a bunch of hay, looks like hell but does it cook!

busybee
# Posted: 22 Mar 2012 16:55

My kitchen oven crapped out yesterday, just as I was about to put cornbread muffins in it! At first, I paniced......then remembered I have 2 little aluminum Everhot stovetop ovens in the basement(originally meant for wood cook stoves)
Since it was meant to sit on the cast iron cook top of a wood stove, I knew I had to improvise something similar to that. On the burner, I put my cast iron tortilla pan, then placed a small grate on top of that, then set the oven on the grate. I fired up the burner and watched with amazement as the temp gauge rose to 400 degrees within about 10 minutes!! You have to keep an eye on the gauge and adjust flame accordingly I took pics, wish I knew how to upload them! They turned out perfectly! Now I want to try a small roasting chicken!

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 22 Mar 2012 22:13

Don't mention getting married again or I'll just go out this weekend and do it!

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 09:25

LOL Bzzzzzt........................OOO, sounds like a threat...in that case I triple dog dare ya!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.