Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / off grid bathroom
evrmc1
# Posted: 14 Apr 2012 23:50

If you want a easy way to flush a toilet. Mount you a barrel on your out side wall,catch the rain water from roof. tap you a line from bottom of barrel. Make sure the barrel is higer than toilet. run line/tubeing to toilet attach as normal Your water will flow fill ur tank and you have a working toilet.

sparky1
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 09:20

When i first Bought my Place in the woods-1984--I would get 5 Gal water from neighbor farm- 3/4 + miles away,I had a 1300 watt for some power, Sears Generator, i'd use a 12 volt Pump in the small camper i had to take COLD showers. No propane to heat it ,later i found a old (GAS) house water heater gutted it---flushed it out.fixed the hole in it---put it on blocks-Pump water in it--water hose out the drain Valve on hill above the travel trailer to the bottom drain on the trailer (GRAVITY) flow-fire under the water heater.the water cooled off time it got in the trailer tank---Great Hot showers.took over 3 years to get power here. I do miss the old times, But i have lots of back up systems when i loose power now.
sparky1 in s.va.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.