Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Any propane appliance experts-I have a question
justjmpit
# Posted: 12 May 2012 06:22

I am dismantling a camper for the propane appliances. Where is the best place to cut the copper pipe. At one of the fittings? Or in the middle so it can be rejoined? I have no idea and don't want to screw it up. Any help appreciated. Thank you

PA_Bound
# Posted: 12 May 2012 06:38

I like as few fittings in my copper gas lines as possible- less chance of leaks over time. I also got a range/stove and refridgerator from an old RV, but I just disconnected the tubing at the connection to the appliance and left it all behind. Not being sure how well it handled the vibration and movement over the years, possibly creating thinner areas in the tube from rubbing, I'm using all new itubing n my cabin. But if you can get and reuse the fittings, I would suggest that.

rayyy
# Posted: 12 May 2012 06:43

You should unscrew the flair nut where thr copper tubing connects to the appliance.Than once your appliances are out,you can carfully remove all the copper liners to reuse without cutting any of them.

MtnDon
# Posted: 12 May 2012 10:38 - Edited by: MtnDon

Right disconnect by unthreading the fittings.

Also, if you can't ot don't want to reuse the tubing remove it anyways and sell for scrap value. It is valuable.

Keep in mind that copper tubing used for propane should only be fitted with flare fittings. Never compression fittings. If you don't have a good flare tool buy a good one, not the cheapy variety. Cheap ones may work ok for 1/4" but larger tubing requires a higher grade stronger tool, at least that is my opinion.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.