Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / your thoughts on this solar setup?
Kkeeven
# Posted: 13 Jun 2012 17:28

hi im new to solar and wanted some opinions on the setup im am planing on buying

here is what i want to power with it
3 CFL lights
a box fan
mini fridge 120watts an hour
TV 60 watts an hour

keep in mind this is a weekend place im not living here and i also have 4000watt generator for back up an my a/c

here is the setup http://www.sunelec.com/index.php?main_page=pv_systems&id=1698&type=OFFG

i was planing on using 4 trojan T-105 225AH batteries

thanks

VTweekender
# Posted: 13 Jun 2012 18:08 - Edited by: VTweekender

You should be fine with that system with normal use of appliances, thats if you aren't in the fridge every 20 minutes for beer...LOL....also if TV and fan aren't on 24/7......the only thing I would look at closer is the inverter in that package, you want to make sure its a "modified sine wave" inverter, a lot of the 1000's are not...your TV will be fuzzy on a square wave....won't run laptop or other electronics if not modified sine wave...I also think I would kick up that inverter to 2 or 3000....that way if you ever want to just plug in a drill or saw for a few minutes you won't have to fire up the generator...also I would need it 3000 to make my large cup of coffee in the morning (large surge) ...then unplug the maker right after coffee is done.....microwave would make a 1000 talk as well...you would have plenty system to enjoy those thigs as well, but not on a 1000.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.