Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Do you want to lead an off-grid community?
. 1 . 2 . >>
Raw TV
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 15:34

Hi everyone,

Raw TV, the makers of the hit Discovery show Gold Rush, are searching for individuals to take part in an exciting new project.

Do you think you embody the spirit of the American pioneer? Are you fed up with the world you live in today and envisage another - better - way to live? Could you see yourself creating and leading a new community, outside the borders of society, built with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and want to share them, not only with those who join you, but also with a TV audience, I would love to talk to you.

Whether this sounds like something you are planning immediately or is a long term dream, please email your contact details and a brief description of your plans to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

Thank you!

Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 16:04

Please go away, you have served enough fake reality already.....

Move along people, nothing to see here

GomerPile
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 16:07

There are stories floating around the interwebs about doomsday preppers and how the producers tried to make the featured preppers look like idiots (it worked BTW).

Beware of the media....

MtnDon
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 16:12 - Edited by: MtnDon

Ditto, go away spammer

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 16:15

I was wondering should I remove this as a spam or perhaps someone would be interested...

Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 16:23

Nah, leave it so we can all get a good laugh. IMO.
Thanks

Malamute
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 18:24

Would anyone mind if I led the community, but still used grid power? What does it pay?

I've done off grid. It may be worth doing where power isn't easily available, but I'm glad I don't have to live off grid.

Just
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 18:38

Leadership is not somthing you sign up for .

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 18:52

I'd do it. Anything to keep from starving. I just don't want to be away from family.

Owen

Rob_O
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 19:07

Quoting: Malamute
What does it pay?

rugercpl
# Posted: 31 Jul 2012 02:13

I have a friend....comes from money but you wouldn't know it. He's an eccentric. He wants to start a self-reliant community. Would make for great TV for those who like that sort of thing.

TomChum
# Posted: 31 Jul 2012 09:48

Self-reliant with a safety-net has to be a lot easier than self-reliant without. I bet genuine self-reliant takes years to set up and doesn't look all that great for "TV".

Dillio187
# Posted: 31 Jul 2012 17:41

I see this same guy is showing up in some of the solar forums now...

trollbridge
# Posted: 31 Jul 2012 17:50

Reality shows are looking for all sorts of ideas. Funny. My son used to work for a prototype company and they were approached about doing a series. They had to send in all sorts of tapes showing the variety of prototypes they work on making and the employees that would be "characters". The work they did was pretty interesting and I'm know there were some interesting employees, but I can only imagine how the show would have changed the "reality" of the business!

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 06:59

sounds great.i love reality tv...but we dont want anyone to see our place or know us or where we are...hee hee.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 09:36

So what you want is a crotchity old fart loner to lead a commune, building self reliant group of hermits. We all know that would be fake, but might be fun. Ya need a couple hundred acres of remote wilderness? I'm your man.

Owen

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 14:12

Quoting: OwenChristensen
I'm your man.

hey Owen.i like how your mind works...
good for u.anything that keeps the wolf away from the door.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 16:16

Too many wolves.

I'm trying to get my wife to sell our house and move to our cabin. Not going to happen, I guess.

Owen

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 17:02

man.that would be my dream life come true.yes.with this economy-there is too many wolves!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 17:34

Some wives are different.

Martian
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 18:23

Wives are much harder to train than dogs.

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 20:20

Well.... I beg to differ.
As most of you know. I would be at the cabin full time tomorrow....
All in due time.

Martian
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 20:30 - Edited by: Martian

Quoting: naturelover66
Well.... I beg to differ. As most of you know. I would be at the cabin full time tomorrow....All in due time.

Now if I remember correctly, your husband does not wish to move to the cabin. Right? But, you still do. So, your husband still hasn't been able to train you to want the house in town. As I said, "Wives are much harder to train than dogs."

Tom

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 20:43

Yes Tom...

You remember correctly... he just hasnt realized how wrong he is....
Cabin=happy Lisa
Happy Lisa=Happier husband

He might catch on one of these days... if not.. he may end up lonely.

Martian
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 20:50

Oh, I'm a firm believer in the old saw, "If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy".

I think everyone should choose to be happy.

Tom

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 21:10

I agree....
Maybe they should do a reality show about women "goin it alone in a cabin"...
The promo could be something like this:

46 year old blonde learns how to weild an axe while baking bread? Chopping wood101/ Kneading bread?
Would you tune in?

Martian
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 21:36

There's something both extremely sexy and terribly frightening about a woman weilding an ax while cooking bread. I'm in!

Tom

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 22:22

Lol. That's how stupid reality tv is to me.
People will watch anything.

Rob_O
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 22:28

Quoting: naturelover66
Would you tune in?

Probably not, it would be on a cable network and I don't have cable anymore

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 22:32

Hey naturelover...here' a little tune for you to hear...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Lisa...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

Yay...hope you had a special day today! Did ya get birthday cake???

btw...I would have thought your husband changed his mind about the cabin by now...especially after his little ride in the hammock

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.