Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / wood stove pipe theft
sammyb
# Posted: 30 Sep 2009 20:18

ok so I bought the really expensive pipe and sent it through the wall
and straight up to the roof with two 45 offsets to follow the gable end and up two feet above the ridge. I used bondo to fill all of the phillips tip heads on the wall bands but I can't help but worry about someone stealing the 1200 dollar investment hanging out on the wall. any ideas on protecting it. I thought about giving it a charge on a battery like an electric fence but rubber gloves would solve that. Plus even with my no trespassing signs I think I could still be liable if someone gets hurt on my property especially electrically considering the damage dc current can cause. I think I'm gonna paint it flat black to make it less flashy. I'm even tinkering around with the idea of welding up a small chimney cage made out of kindorf or unistrut. can anyone think of anything else.... I'm pretty worried I may come out to the cabin and it being gone

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Oct 2009 08:21

If you are really worried about it get some stainless steel pop rivets and rivet it in the existing screw holes. West Marine sells stainless pop rivets if you can't find them locally.

Jocko

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.