Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Sunforce Pure SIne Inverter
hitanktank
# Posted: 27 Nov 2012 18:50

I was out snooping at stuff today out of curiosity. I go to one store this Sunforce 1000 W (2000 Surge)Inverter was 350 dollars. i walk 20 yards to the store next door the EXACT same inverter in the box brand new was 125 dollars. Needless to say it is now sitting at home with me at that price. Remote control too.

TomChum
# Posted: 28 Nov 2012 01:01 - Edited by: TomChum

I had one of those, it was $379 @ Northern Tool. Right off the bat it fried itself while I was away, and drained my 2 new batteries, which froze in the winter, and split open. Northern Tool refunded my $379 but they weren't interested in buying me 2 new batteries @ $150 each. On paper it looks pretty good, had low voltage shutoff, an integrated battery charger, remote......

If I was you I wouldn't leave it alone with the batteries until you get to know it better.

thread regarding my Sunforce Inverter /charger

Charged batteries don't freeze.  Dead batteries freeze and split open.
Charged batteries don't freeze. These (new, 3 months) batteries froze because the inverter failed and drained them dead.

Sorry to lay a bummer on you while you're just getting started but this is the direct experience that I had.

OK lets assume, more likely than not, you have a working unit. Regarding the 1000w rating you might do some internet research on the model you have. I had the 1000w from a couple years ago, the "internet reports" say the SunForce 1000(2000surge) actually puts out about 700w sustained. However, if you got a 700w inverter with all those other features for $125 thats a screamin' deal. 700w is a pretty good output for a small cabin. If you want to run a microwave check the input wattage requirements, it would be a SMALL microwave. To get an idea of how much power 700w is, consider that a hair blowdryer uses 1500w, also a Toaster oven too 1500w.

When I bought my stuff the first round I was not only inexperienced I worried about limiting the value of what some meth-head could haul out. But I lost a fairly big chunk to Sunforce instead, and the crack heads haven't come yet....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.