Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Best Price on a Honda EU2000 Generator
MJW
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 17:03

I saw a post here a while ago that gave the best place online to purchase a Honda generator.

I have tried to find it but have come up empty.

Can anyone direct me to this post or share the location to make this purchase? We are taking the RV to the land we bought last month and will need something to power it while we are there building.

Thanks...

bobrok
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 17:30 - Edited by: bobrok

This info is maybe 2 years old, but I got the best price on my Honda from Wise Sales in Spokane, WA.
What I liked about my transaction was that I found them on line but was quickly able to phone and speak to a live person to place my order.
Of course the no sales tax and free shipping was of the utmost importance at that time.
Since then I have become a lot more comfortable placing orders online w/o actually calling, but I still do this just because I enjoy the human contact in transacting business, and in fact recently on another purchase my phone call to confirm my shopping cart resulted in additional discounts!!!! Cool.

groingo
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 18:03

WiseSales.com me too, bought both my Honda 2000, Yamaha 1000 and Honda HRT mower from them, great prices and people.

TomChum
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 18:15

same here, wisesales. Good folks.

MJW
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 18:36

Thanks for the help, guys.

I checked with Wise and they are getting 1k for them now.

I was hoping to do a little better then that.

optimistic
# Posted: 10 Dec 2012 20:32

Try craigslist and if you are patient something will come up. I got myself a honda 2000i for $650 a few days ago. No sales tax either ;)

groingo
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 00:10 - Edited by: groingo

They are a very hot item, just called one on CL for $750.00, went 15 minutes after he posted it.

I sold mine and it was five years old and got more than I paid for it new so as a solid investment it's one of the best you will find.

MJW
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:40 - Edited by: MJW

I found the set (Honda EU2000 and Honda 2000 Companion with cables RV Adapter, etc) new for 2k. I think I am just going to go with that and be done with it.

Hard to find a real deal on these things but I guess that speaks well to the quality and it is good to know they hold their value.

Thanks to everyone for the help in trying to find a good price.

rayyy
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 17:08

I know mine was $850.from wise sales about 3 years ago.a thousand bucks,it's still worth it.I love my little honda.I run it on average 4 to 6 hours every day.It gives me microwave dinners,vacuuming up the cabin,all my favorite t.v. show's,computer time,stereo music all the while charges my batteries for my lights and cell phone charge.It has worked out so well,I haven't even played with the solar and wind charging toy's that I bought yet.I'd say that little genny is the best investement I ever made.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 18:27

Wise sales at wisesales.com, $850 shipped to your door! Best price around,. period.

MJW
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:01

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Wise sales at wisesales.com, $850 shipped to your door! Best price around,. period.

I can't find that on their website. All I see is $999 on their website. If I could find that $850 price, I would be one happy camper!

camp crooked
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:22

I install, service and repair standby and portable generators for a living. I always steer people towards Honda if budget permits for a portable generator. Online may not always be the best "deal". Add shipping costs and some states make you pay tax on online orders. The honda prices will all be very close. Think about your local Honda generator dealer who can give you an awnser to any questions you have or peform a warranty repair or service in a reasonable time in an emergency or time of need. I have a eu2000i gen for my camp with about 400hrs on it. And yes its been to the dealer for a checkup. (I am not a Honda dealer) Just my $.02

MJW
# Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:29

Just got off the phone with wisesales.com.

The guy says the prices on their site are the lowest prices they can offer and expect them to go up after the first of the year.

Looks like the $999 is the best price they currently have.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Dec 2012 00:36

MJW, that may be the new going price. The devaluing of our dollar (QE2, QE3 etc) had made our dollar worth less, so they are charging more I guess. Get it anyway, you cant go wrong. Best gennie I have ever owned.

Nimitz
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 18:42

Really thinking about getting this generator was looking to get it at wisesales have it shipped to my brother(USA) and have my parents bring it down(Canada) after the holidays.

The thing that is holding me back is wisesales.com has horrible reviews from the online rating sites. Looks like they have problem with customer service/inventory control/ and shipping returned items as new.

While I am at it how do I calculate what my Honda EU2000i Can power? I am hoping Waterheater+Fridge/Freezer+Computer(can never really leave work) thanks in advance.

groingo
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 21:40

Depending on the size of your water heater (mine was 40 gallons) and it drew easily 3000 watts alone, fridge freezer typical frost free can run 600 or more watts, desktop computer 250 watts....you would be best served to get a Kill A Watt meter to see just exactly how much each appliance is using first.

SamH
# Posted: 17 Dec 2012 22:02

I bought one the last of Oct. this year. I have 4 Honda dealers within 60 miles of me. I called all 4 and told them I was calling all 4 of them and who ever gave me the best cash, "out the door", price was selling me one that day. I got prices from $1200 to $960. I picked up the $960 one and broke it in at deer camp in Nov. Great generator.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 25 Dec 2012 17:33

Honda has a fixed price for dealers. If you want to be one, you don't cut price beyond about 5% from list. I think for a dealer $960 is as cheap as you'll see.

Owen

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Dec 2012 00:45 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Dealers are flexible, the mfg just said no more prices on the internet. But just "adding it to your cart" can show you a price or just call in. Some mfg will not allow you to sell below MSRP to protect all their dealers which is understandable too. A local ACE hardware store has them for $999 right now. No shipping, but I'd have to pay sales tax.

Anonymous
# Posted: 26 Dec 2012 06:18

Sorry to hijack, but will a eu2000 run a small a/c? Something like a 6000btu unit.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Dec 2012 13:42

Quoting: Anonymous
Sorry to hijack, but will a eu2000 run a small a/c? Something like a 6000btu unit.

Yes, with ease. It will run a 9000 BTU unit. I know, I do it in my enclosed trailer. I cant have anything else on when it starts up. So your 6000, with ease.

jaransont3
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 16:15

We bought our Honda EU3000i from Wise Sales in Schaumberg, IL this past fall. No sales tax, free shipping, and $50 cheaper than I could find it locally here in SE Michigan.

We went with the 3000W because we wanted electric start so we have the potential to start it remotely from the cabin when needed.

The inverter generators are incredibly quiet. We had it just sitting outside the cabin this past Thanksgiving. It was maybe 50 feet from the cabin and we couldn't hear it over the compact refrigerator running.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 14:19

There is a small Ace hardware store in a small town about 20 miles from where I live, I seen them in there in stock Honda EU2000i for $999.

Anonymous
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 11:59

I have bought eu2000 generators locally for as little as $875 at one time. That was maybe 5 years ago though. Now that same place has them for $939 which is still a great deal. They don't ship though and theres taxes so it's a little drive for me. Place is called Lomita lawnmower and chainsaw.

rayyy
# Posted: 27 Jan 2013 17:46

I go on ebay once in awhile to watch honda's being bid upon.One went for $810.Boy was I ever tempted to bid.You get that "What If"feeling!Don't need another one right now.(With that said,mine will probably crap out tonight.lol.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.