Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Best JetPump To Use for a 200 foot run and a 20-30 foot rise
tmcmurran
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 13:38 - Edited by: tmcmurran

Just like the topic suggests, what are the best options in jet pumps to move water from the lake to the distribution source inside? Looking for something that can be run from indoors and draw water that distance and remain with enough pressure for the tankless hotwater heater, sinks and so on.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 14:11

depending on the static depth of the water in the well , a'' Goulds'' deep well 2 line, or shalow well singal line jet pump,, would be my only choice . not cheap 5 to 6 hundred here in Canada. Deeper than 25 ft you would need a two line pump.

tmcmurran
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 15:07

They have a 1/2 hp deep well jet pump at Canadian Tire that states it is good for an 80 foot rise, but I am wondering about the distance. Since we will be living at the location full time, we would rather have something a little over-kill than be under to be on the safe side. Just do not know about the Crappy Tire version :/

Just
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:11

if there is lots of water in the well and not much gas then that pump should do the job when it is new but i wouldent expect it to last more than 5 years i have one at our place at the lake .the well is only 7 ft deep and it still took me 2 hours to prime it last week when we opened for the summer . the ctc pumps cannot run dry for more than 15 min. or they will heat up and melt the plastic impeller . a goulds pump has a extra water tank in the pump to keep it cool for much longer if need be .[lack of water in the well]it's all about choices!!!! just

tmcmurran
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:14 - Edited by: tmcmurran

What about one like this URL We would be pulling water from the lake, not a well.

Just
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:32

that pump wiill also work with 0ne line leading to the lake as long as your vertical lift is less than 20 ft it will push water much higher than it will suck water .so you may need to move the pump closer to the lake. make sure all your fittings are tight and you have a working foot velve as that pump will also heet up and fry if there is no water to pump.nothing wrong with the pump as long as you keep it cool.

tmcmurran
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:58

This is where our problem lies. We need to have the pump located at the cabin, and not at the water due to winters that regularly see temperatures at or below -50c . The water line is insulated and heated and designed for the climate. The pump is not We need a pump that can pull the water up from the lake, and know we will be paying a premium for it, just need to find the right one.

Just
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 21:50

any new two line jet pump will suck 60 ft up hill with 2 lines installed . including the one above.follow the directions for a two line application'...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.