Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Self-Contained Sink - Opinions Expected!
spencerin
# Posted: 27 May 2013 00:20 - Edited by: spencerin

I currently have the ol' "water jug on a shelf and bucket" method for washing hands and brushing teeth, etc. I'm thinking about upgrading to a self-contained sink (I'm tired of bending over and not having a sinktop). Space is very limited. The cheapest I have found that fits my needs is the following one from ebay ($459) -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-contained-Portable-Handwash-sink-cold-Water-/25053218091 0?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a54e1b3ae

I have a small solar system and this sink requires some power (probably for the pump), so although I'm still waiting to see what amps the pump draws, I also want to see what DIY suggestions you may have for cost savings and "pride". After all, the pump's amps may be beyond the range of my solar system anyway, forcing me to go the DIY route.

For the DIY route, I was thinking about buying sink and cabinet combo from Home Depot. Zodi http://www.zodi.com/Consumer/zodiaccessories.html makes shower heads, shower poles, and battery operated pumps, and I could buy those items and integrate them into the sink and cabinet combo. One small bucket for fresh water, one small bucket for waste water, and I'd be set. Cost here would probably be $100-$150, depending on how much of a sink and cabinet combo I want to buy.

Post some advice, and pics, if you have them!

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 27 May 2013 00:54 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

My sinks indoors are to big. This is what we use outside in our shower.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.