Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Rayyy, how much for pooped Honda 2000 generator?
groingo
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 11:36

Let me know what you need out of it provided the generator and electronics are still good,looking for one with a bad motor for a project.

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 12:41

Well,I'm in western new York near buffalo.If you want to pay the $100.00 bill that I forked out for them yahoos at honda to tear it apart to tell me it needs an upper cam and a timeing belt.You can have it.They put in fresh oil and a spark plug.It does run ok but it can't achieve a high RPM speed to power up my microwave.The electronic side works fine.Makes 110 volt.I have a 1600 watt Generac that I'm using for now.They insist that these little geny motors use a special small engine oil.

MJW
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 12:55

Quoting: rayyy
They insist that these little geny motors use a special small engine oil.

Funny.......I didn't see that in my Honda manual.

groingo
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 20:30

Get me your address so I can check out shipping costs, (will figure 65 pounds including crate or box, I'm in Washington State.
They were kinda right about the oil, but equivalent Mobile One works as well, you just used yours up that's all.

groingo@myopera.com

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Jul 2013 21:47

I have always used the Honda oil. The little 2000 holds .46 qt and one bottle is good for 2 oil changes. Cheap. I have used Mobil 1 in full synthetic also.

rayyy
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 12:02

zip code 14020

groingo
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 16:43

rayyy:
I need your email address and mailing address.
Shipping by US Parcel based on my EU 2000 box by ground would be $66.94 based on 65 pounds.
Packaging, just a solid box with some newspaper and some good hand grab holes will do fine.
Will need to drain oil and flush fuel and gas from tank, if they smell gas they won't ship.
Let me know so I can get the funds to you.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.