Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Got a backup generator just in case
groingo
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 19:03

Ok, I have the Powerhouse 500 watt monster and it is designated for primary use and now the Ultra HUGE MONSTER Onan "Tag Along" generator boasting a massive....ready.....450 watts of Raw Power!

Last thing I needed was another generator but this one looked really nice but ran terrible (felt sorry for it) so I picked it up for $80.00, made a minor carb adjustment and presto, starts first pull and runs like a charm.

Now thoroughly cleaned, waxed and ready to go!

Amazing how times have changed, Onan weighs 40 pounds dry while the PH weighs 12 pounds, PH is 1/2 the size but the Onan lets you adjust power output, new stuff doesn't.

The next one I am looking for is a 1963 Honda 300 watter to complete me!

All in all I am ready for winter!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 21:22

Quoting: groingo
The next one I am looking for is a 1963 Honda 300 watter to complete me!

I have a co-worker who picked up a Honda 350 watter for $5 at a garage sale. He brought it to work, just gummed up carb, cleaned it all out, runs perfect. Quiet as a mouse.

groingo
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 11:00

See if he is interested in selling it and let me know, must be in good appearing and running condition.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 10:25

Its perfect, both in appearance and operation. I dont know if he would sell it. I will ask him today. His wife gave him greif for spending the $5 on it, then a power outage and it supplied the lighting for their house. She is no longer giving him greif.

Dillio187
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 11:50

I'm pretty sure my Dad has one too. It was his Dad's so I doubt he would sell it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Sep 2013 21:54

Asked co worker, its going to get dynamite to make him part with it. It is a 2 stroke, but its small, quiet and compact. Its perfect condition too.

Keep an eye open on craigslist, just be forever vigilant and also ebay. But ebay stuff can sell for a good chunk at times.

groingo
# Posted: 14 Sep 2013 22:20

Am going to hold out for both the E300 and E40, there are a few floating around.

Charles54313
# Posted: 17 Oct 2014 22:04

groingo
What's a e40 honda generator worth?

groingo
# Posted: 17 Oct 2014 22:33

Fisrt it has to be in very good overall condition and running as parts are very difficult to find and this would be bought as a collectible with pricing for a nice one around the mid $350 to 500 area again depending on condition, there are generator collector clubs online that may be able to get you a better idea if you are looking to sell... ..if you have some good picts please post, you never know.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.