Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Solar/generator transfer switch
rkreger2
# Posted: 9 Feb 2010 15:04

We have an off the grid cabin in Prescott, AZ. We are looking to install a transfer switch to simplify the use of the generator for running the 6 house circuits (30A). The only thing I keep seeing is more for large residential systems in which they break specific circuits from the main panel. I am just looking for a simply transfer switch that has inputs from the inverter and generator that it switches between and then the output goes to the breaker panel (all circuits). We really don't have high load circuits since all appliances are propane. Mainly lights, TV, radio. Nothing big. We have a 5000W generator so I know it can run the entire house.

dk1393
# Posted: 9 Feb 2010 15:31

Reliance has quite a selection

www.reliancecontrols.com

dextercath96
# Posted: 9 Apr 2010 07:14 - Edited by: dextercath96

Yes rkreger2 , You might overload the use of your appliances. But however why don't you try to use the effective generator? http://www.sunpowerport.com

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.