Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Propane heater, making some progress
groingo
# Posted: 15 Oct 2013 00:35 - Edited by: groingo

Not quite willing to give up entirely on my Home Built Vent less Propane Heater Cooker, and not too thrilled by the Carbon Monoxide Detectors dubious quality (Kidde and First Alert), I have taken a more pro-active route and am working with my doctor, he does the blood work when needed to check for any Oxygen Depletion in me and I also have a Medical grade Blood Oxygen Monitor that just slips onto my finger and gives real time readings of my blood Oxygen levels and heart rate.

What I am looking for is any fluctuations in readings of over three points lower than normal and an increased heart rate both must stay that way for 60 seconds which indicates a reduction in blood oxygen or possible Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Thus far now five days readings are staying normal at 98 and no symptoms which is encouraging.

All windows have stops on them to prevent shutting completely to always insure fresh air infiltration.

Also found a problem with the previous Propane stove using excessive propane which turned out to be a two inch long crack in the burner.

Changed to a Coleman stove which uses an entirely different disk burner which can be tuned for more or less heat by removing or installing disks and will never burn out or crack.

I just see too much potential in this thing and now that I can more accurately monitor myself more closely I feel much more confident to move ahead, besides, I'm German, Dutch and Scotch which translates to Stubborn!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.