Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / ideas to build on
Tim Dohring
# Posted: 31 Oct 2013 18:40

looking at going as cheep as i can i got a lot of ideas .like camper lighting and anything that can be used. my dream house is on hold but i want to put in everything i can like the foundation and septic and finish the basement to live in. i need 7 poles for electric so solar or what ever i can put in to live on.

MtnDon
# Posted: 31 Oct 2013 19:07

Questions on power grid vs solar... What is the actual cost for the 7 pole run? That varies a lot around the country.

Then how much or how little electricity do you need? What will you use for a refrigerator; major power user. Do you need the home to run itself for days days at a time?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 31 Oct 2013 19:56

I'm glad I'm three miles from power. Living off grid is the way I like it. My place is used mostly on weekends. I do have a deep cycle 12v for some things. I take it home to charge or run a Honda 2000 for that. I don't use the gen for lights, I use lp gas for that and cooking, wood heat with LP backup. I'd guess grid power would be cheaper. I just don't want to be dependent on it.

Owen

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.