Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Buying batteries and core charges
groingo
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 14:54

I went to buy two batteries then they told me if I didn't have any cores that they would have to add $25.00 per battery so $50.00 just for a core charge on top of the battery cost!
This a state law now here in Washington.

What are you guys paying.

Dillio187
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 15:10

$10 per battery here in MN.

VTweekender
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 16:11

I believe it is 25 core here in MA as well.

MtnDon
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 17:08 - Edited by: MtnDon

As far back as I can remember there has always been a core charge. $25 sounds like it's more of an incentive to return/recycle the old ones.

$10 NM last time I bought a battery

Just
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 17:16

my guy pays me 20 cents a pound for what ever I bring in.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 18:35

We pay $15 in Ontario.

creeky
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 09:05

collecting old batteries quickly becomes a hobby. but when everyone is buying them ... hard to find

sobaka57
# Posted: 8 Nov 2013 17:50

I've gotten lucky with dealing with a local electrical company that performs maintenance on our large corporate UPS. The batteries are replaced at various intervals and sometimes whole strings will be updated to newer styles of batteries. These folks sell them to the scrapper, currently $12.50 per battery. I pay them and save them the trip to the recycler. Just got another 10 batteries for $125.00. Some are great and some not so great but you can't beat the price.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.