Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Honda EU2000 propane conversion: just installed and not working
basrijn
# Posted: 8 Dec 2013 00:02

Hi,

Just installed the Central Main Diesel Tri-Fuel kit on my Honda EU 2000i generator. Installation is straight forward, and there is an excellent walk thru on Youtube.

Disappointing thing is, generator doesn't run Doesn't even attempt to run: prime pressed, load block screw backed off half turn (tried different settings).

What I noticed is that the prime button becomes very hard to depress after about a second. I guess that is not normal and might indicate an obstruction somewhere along the line?

Anyone familiar with these kits / regulators, and does that make sense as a diagnosis?

TX!
Bas

groingo
# Posted: 8 Dec 2013 09:59

First thing is to call the manufacturer, may be a bum part.

basrijn
# Posted: 8 Dec 2013 19:31

After pulling it all off again, and working thru all components one by one. It turned out that the load block is wacky. Screw needs to be pretty much completely out for it to deliver sufficient propane.. All good now.. Pfewwww

creeky
# Posted: 10 Dec 2013 13:49

the joys of put it in ... nope ... try again ... nope ... third time lucky?

you got it second time. result.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.