Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / any one using pellet stoves
BossLog
# Posted: 28 Dec 2013 17:04

Hi folks..new guy on the block here after 23 years of on and off /off grid living.A couple of questions for all you experts.Will a utility or pitcher type hand pump lift river water 12 feet,transfer it 35 feet along the ground and then up 18 feet to water barrels?
Part 2..Will a pellet stove heat up a cold camp in the winter faster than a wood stove?
Thankyou for any help.Getting past 55 and looking for easier ways at my 24X32 log camp. BL

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 28 Dec 2013 17:19

FYI, an older related topic: Pellet stove

creeky
# Posted: 28 Dec 2013 17:19

part 2: I replaced a wood stove with a pellet stove in my previous home. It is much easier/cleaner to run than a wood stove. but it won't heat your place up any quicker than a wood stove. okay. maybe a little quicker. it'll start faster. it needs electricity tho for the auger and the fan. and it'll run overnight/for a day or two while you're away.

with the new place: i still use pellets with my wood stove. as kindling. put the propane torch to the small pile of pellets inside the stove. presto. 15 seconds to lighting a hot fire. add wood according to need.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.