Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Driving a well point in a lake bottom???
Jerry
# Posted: 20 Jun 2014 18:53

Hi all,

Ok, so maybe this sounds crazy.

I want to build a small pond at my cabin for the little kids to splash around in. My property is all sand under maybe 4" of top soil. I'm thinking of excavating the pond area, laying plastic out, pin it down and leave a natural drain open in the bottom. I'll fill it when needed instead of leaving water sit in it I was thinking of drawing water from the lake with a trash pump, but the lake has a silt bottom over sand and is very choked with vegetation. I have a driven well for the cabin but it can't produce the volume of water I need. Is there something like a floating superfilter I could use when drawing water for the pond, or could I drive a sandpoint in to the lake bottom off the end of the dock and draw filtered water that way?

Just brainstorming ideas, so anyone with ideas or experience in doing something like this please chime in. Thanks

sparky1
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 11:28

depending on the GPM of your trash Pump there are sub surface Screen filters to fit trash pumps ,keep it off the bottom of your lake--see Northern Tool catalog,, I think they are 2" suction line?
sparky1.
good luck.

old243
# Posted: 25 Jun 2014 22:10

possibly float your suction line . on the underside of a plastic barrel, or 5 gallon pail with lid. anything to hold it off the bottom, while pumping

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.