Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / incinerating toilets!!!
rving4life
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 18:09

hows it going everybody? just wanted to see if anybody on here has purchased an ecojohn incinerating toilet. i replaced my incinolet with one about 4 months ago and i cannot believe the difference. i am curious about how they hold up long term. it seems like it's built very well but i would like to know more from an actual owner like myself. i will say this, they are not cheap. i paid $3,995 for mine. and ecojohn says the toilet liners are optional. from my experience they are something you need. they catch everything and there is no trace at all of anybody having used it. so far i am glad i invested and it works great. has anybody had to replace any parts? and if so was it expensive???

KinAlberta
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 23:28 - Edited by: KinAlberta

I didn't even know there were such products on the market. The concept sounds very interesting. Can anyone post some reference links as well?

I'm back. I found this...
The lowdown on incinerating toilets – Cottage Life
http://cottagelife.com/71703/diy/the-lowdown-on-incinerating-toilets

rving4life
# Posted: 25 Jun 2014 11:14

oh yeah, forgot to mention that. ecojohn sells a catalytic converter that goes into the chimney that takes away any smell, for $250. they say that it's odorless but i did not want to take a chance. maybe i should have waited to see if i even needed it. oops. also there is a reservoir on the inside of the bowl that's attached to a rinse button on the side of the bowl. they sent me some samples of this stuff royal mist or royal piss or something like that. you put a capful in with the water to rinse and it smells really nice. long story short, no odor at all. here is a link to their site:

http://ecojohn.com/ecojohn_sr.html

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.