Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Shaurer Battery charger R.I.P.
groingo
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 12:10 - Edited by: groingo

After a long hunt for a decent battery charger the Shaurer (spec wise) filled the bill but unfortunately it died after only 23 hours use.
The place I got it from said "you ran it too long and burned it out" and lots of other dim witted excuses like that but I am getting a refund.
This was a strange duck charger from tbe start with no guage, (two idiot lights) and no connectors (you have to supply your own).
All in all, a few words of advice... .avoid Batterystuff.com (they are idiots) and Shaurer chargers, they say American made but all the guts are from China.
Lesson learned.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 13:05

Groingo, my former employer, we used to fix those. Dont toss it out without letting me take a peek at it.

Usually a damaged rectifier. I work close to your home.

groingo
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 14:13

I sent it back for a refund this morning.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 17:28

OK, cool, I was under the impression they didnt want to cover it. Well, good deal, that works out OK then.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.