Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Is there such a thing as vented kerosene heaters?
rmak
# Posted: 17 Jul 2014 08:51

I installed a Jotul 602 in our cabin, but have been using a kerosene heater to take off the chill. Safety is an important issue with us, so I'd prefer to get something vented instead of the usual floor model. I don't want propane, so my options are limited, as is space. I was hoping to find a kerosene unit that I can vent somehow. Anyone have a source? Can't seem to locate anything on the internet.

bldginsp
# Posted: 17 Jul 2014 08:55

Boat heaters come in units that burn diesel, kerosene, alcohol, gasoline, or solid fuels, and all are vented. Probably not EPA approved. See my post on small marine heaters.

razmichael
# Posted: 17 Jul 2014 09:36 - Edited by: razmichael

Most of the Diesel heaters you come across will run on kerosene or oil as well. Examples of Marine heaters
Dickinson
If you check the specs you see that they run on Kerosene.
For non marine versions a popular brand for Canada and US are the
Toyotomi line of vented heaters - they run on oil, Kerosene or diesel. All these options are expensive!

Options will also depend on what power you have available (12VDC, 120VAC)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.