Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / The Quest For The Perfect Hydrometer
MtnDon
# Posted: 7 Aug 2014 20:57

I don't know anybody who really enjoys using the typical battery hydrometer where one draws battery electrolyte into a glass tube by squeezing and releasing a rubber bulb and watching the float. Me neither, but I do it to all 36 cells in our battery bank. Sometimes it is difficult to read the float for any number of reasons; aging eyes and needing eyeglasses for close reading is near the top of my list.

I found an interesting hydrometer on Midnite Solar's website. Did a Google search and did not find many hits in North America. Quite a few in Europe where it is made in Germany. In Europe one can be bought for $16 to $20 US. I found one at Colorado Solar a while back, for $36. Ouch! They had them in stock in their store in New Castle; near Rifle and Glenwood Springs.

ebay.de

So far I love it. It is temperature corrected and easy to read, bubble free.

User Manual

Just
# Posted: 8 Aug 2014 20:40

looks like a nice unit Don but the" free" ones i get from batteryboy.ca seem to be ok for the price ..the owner says some folks give away hats we give these ..

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.