Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Dry Flush Toilet
Ruggles
# Posted: 21 Aug 2014 23:40

Anybody looked into the Dry Flush toilet (www.dry-flush.com) for remote cabins? Although some may question the impact of the disposal, the design is pretty interesting. I currently use a high end camping toilet and was considering putting in a black tank from an RV with a flush toilet. This system requires no real contact during disposal.
I'm in favor of that.

Wilbour
# Posted: 22 Aug 2014 08:59 - Edited by: Wilbour

I cannot see the videos on my computer at this location but I imagine it's a lot like the "Diaper Gene" idea now used in many homes. You only get 15 "flushes" per refill so we can safely say this is not intended as a pee collector, especialy for us guys who have other places to go.

Many local landfill sites hate getting human fecal waste and this is where the stuff will end up. The FAQ states that all landfill sites will accept human waste when it's in diapers but I am sure that is not what they want with regards to bags and bags of this stuff

I get the feeling there are many other alternatives to this

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.