Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Deep Cycle Battery Chart
spencerin
# Posted: 3 Jan 2015 16:21

During my search for suitable replacements for solar array batteries, I came across this chart that compares brands and models of marine batteries. The prices are outdated, but the rest of the chart is likely accurate based on a few spot checks.

Link opens a *.pdf from Trojan's website.

URL

Just
# Posted: 3 Jan 2015 19:37

A good read thanks !!

Just
# Posted: 3 Jan 2015 20:00

I have a Walmart Everstart max 29 deepcell , its my second one
first one lasted 6 years and i was happy with that so i bought another . good luck with the hunt

groingo
# Posted: 3 Jan 2015 21:28

Yep, I always go to Trojan for the straight poop!

spencerin
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 13:06 - Edited by: spencerin

Just,

I'm considering the Maxx 29. What type of solar setup do you have, how hard do you use the battery, how many do you have, and do you keep it outdoors?

Just
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 14:56

just one max 29 payed 105$ Canadian + TAX AND TRADE IN
Usually just lights [4 led's] and a small tv 6 hours a week .sometimes a bit of vacuuming ,and a small flow jet pump for the rainwater barrel, and a fan .' so not much "
60 watts of panel,, .small charge controller ,200 watt inverter. ,battery is indoors in a vented compartment ,
Meets my needs and more,...

spencerin
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 21:03

Do you keep it heated at all?

Just
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 21:20

wood stove only once a week on its own most of the time . gets cold in Canada

ClimberKev
# Posted: 5 Jan 2015 16:56

I used 7 Everstart 27DC6 batteries for 8 years in my system. I switched them out for the same ones about a year ago. Two of the batteries still held a pretty good charge and I was able to keep them for back-up. I keep them stored in an unheated tool shed and have no problems.

Tyler Danann
# Posted: 17 Jan 2015 08:27 - Edited by: Tyler Danann

I got one Trojan Deep Cell battery. Weighs a lot but lasts for ages. 115 AH I think.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.