Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Fisher wood burner
justme
# Posted: 5 Mar 2015 09:58

I am planing to use my fisher baby bear for heat in our cabin. It is 12x32 and I plan to insulate out the wazoo so do you all think this will work OK I am going to put shielding up to get the clearances closer.

old243
# Posted: 5 Mar 2015 10:44

We have the bigger Fisher stove at our hunt camp. It puts up a pile of heat . Once the camp gets up to heat , you have to damper it down . Especially at night. camp area 30 x30. Should do a good job depending what size your camp is
Made from 3- 3 foot square road signs, they have hinges joining them. you can adjust them, to suit. Yours will likely work well. I like it that you can burn longer wood, Ours will burn anything , you can lift and get through the door. old243

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Mar 2015 12:00

I have the Fisher Papa Bear in my southern camp...20'x30' with half loft!!! heats GREAT!!!....I put mine in the corner and had a hearth and walls done in 100 year old wood mold brick by a friend who was a mason. (RIP GG he done a fantastic job!!

beachman
# Posted: 5 Mar 2015 18:23

My neighbor has a Baby Bear and his place is about 20 x 30. We stayed there one night with temps around -30c and windy. After about 4 hrs from a frozen start, we were in shorts and T shirts. Should do just fine.

justme
# Posted: 6 Mar 2015 22:19

Sounds good got off work this morning and came home to a cold house it was 2°f outside. It is gonna be nicer this coming week so I can get back to working on the cabins.

thetick
# Posted: 7 Mar 2015 00:20

Also have a papa bear. Insane amount of heat once to temp. The manual says th baby bear can heat an area of up to 1500 sq feet, so at 384 sq feet you may wish you had a pool to cool off...

old243
# Posted: 9 Mar 2015 15:16

just me , In my earlier post , which I messed up . I was describing the heat shield that we have around our stove. It is made from 3 salvage road signs, 3 feet by 3 feet. they are attached by hinges . they stand around behind the stove and are adjustable . Great spot to dry wet gloves. Also the price was right. We have a large granite hearth under the stove as well, quite classy. You will like your stove. old243

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.