Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / LED under the cabinet strip lighting
MtnDon
# Posted: 26 Apr 2015 17:50 - Edited by: MtnDon

12 VDC...

I made a change inside the cabin. When we built it I used two 12 VDC Thinlite FL lights for under cabinet lights. Then I added a 20 watt 120 VAC FL tube fixture. They worked but after I installed some under the cabinet LED lighting at home I fell in love with them.

Instead of buying the ready made units I used at home I went DIY. I found some LED strips on ebay. Twenty inches long with 36 number 5050 LED's. Here's one....

The strip mounts (slides into) an aluminum extrusion and has a clear plastic slide on cover. I mounted three above the counter / under the cabinet and one over the range. They give off a very nice amount of light. We are happy with them.

The LED strip over the range has its own switch. The one to the right end of the counter has its own switch and the two at the sink end (left) and center are on one switch. The "tab" that hangs down from the cabinet lip mounts two of the switches as well as the inverter remote control switch. Okay the counter is a little messy, but this is not BH&G.

The cost for 5 LED strips and 5 aluminum mount strips with covers was about $. Switches were left overs from the trailer. Small round rockers, <$3 each.

MtnDon
# Posted: 26 Apr 2015 17:58 - Edited by: MtnDon

FYI,

LED strips

holder/cover

DfC Direct from China

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.