Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / New fangled electronic washing machines
LastOutlaw
# Posted: 30 May 2015 16:45 - Edited by: LastOutlaw

I mentioned to a friend who lives near my cabin (off grid) that I brought up a washing machine. He said he had to buy a new one and when he tried to run it off his generator it wouldn't run. he said the only way he got it to run was when he hooked it up to his buddy's huge diesel gen set. Evidently the newer electronic controlled washers need large gen sets to run.
I tried the one I brought up and it wouldn't run off of my eu2000. I'll have to take it back home and switch for the older mechanical one at home.

Anyone else run into this?

creeky
# Posted: 30 May 2015 17:04

I have a Haier 23 e that works fine off of my solar system. It is pretty small.

MtnDon
# Posted: 30 May 2015 17:06

I am surprised that the EU20001 would not run it. I have seen various electronic things not like the "dirty" power from a standard, non-inverter generator but run fine off a Honda or Yamaha inverter generator. I was curious so I tried our LG high efficiency washer on our Honda EU2000i. The washer ran fine, though it preferred to have the ECO system on the Honda turned OFF.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.