Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / 400 days of Solar data logging - any such thing for Wind turbine?
charliebishop
# Posted: 18 Jun 2015 14:50

Hi all,

I've been running a 12v system at my cabin here in Newfoundland, Canada for the past couple years.

My setup is 3 85watt panels combined in series, using a SunSaver MPPT charge controller, it down converts the voltage to my 12v battery bank (by raising the amperage).

I have attached a plot of the watt-hours produced over the last 400 days - a note here, in winter time I often hit my Low-voltage-disconnect (LVD) so these are the maximum values I generate, however, in the summer months, my batteries recharge within a few hours and so I could probably produce a lot more (if I used more).

For anyone thats wondering, I run a low wattage PC 24/7 (fitpc2i, only 8 watts! this does all data logging, solar and weather). I also run 2 hi-res security cameras (another 8 watts each). and some 12v lighting on the weekends when we are there.

My question is: I'm looking to put up a small wind turbine to supplement my winter power needs (I have 2 years of continuous wind data to base my estimates off) - I'm looking for a charge controller with a similar feature to my sunsaver that will allow me to log the power created by the wind turbine, does anyone know of such a beast?
CBishop_Solar_Produc.png
CBishop_Solar_Produc.png

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.