Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Biolite Base Camp Stove
rmak
# Posted: 21 Jul 2015 12:29 - Edited by: rmak

Here's my latest gadget. I've been looking for a way to cook out at the cabin in the summer. We were going to put in a small patio with a fire pit, but that's pretty low on the priority. We have a gas grill, but I'm not digging the propane thing. This little stove has a few cool features that draws me to it. It burns sticks which we have an endless supply of. Plus we are thinking we can sneak in some flavored wood chips from our smoker for grilling. It also converts the flame from heating/boiling to grilling. It has a self propelled fan and a device charger. Some of the youtube reviews have the stove burning on top of a deck, which would be nice for us but I'm not sure of the safety. Another thing I like is the height. It looks like you could sit and cook as opposed to similar, less expensive stoves of this type which are shorter.

This sounds like a commercial, but I have no dog in the hunt. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the stove. On the negative side, it did get mixed reviews because the cost/efficiency was less than cheaper/similar stoves.

http://www.biolitestove.com/products/biolite-basecamp

Edit:
Silverfire is another similar stove;
http://www.silverfire.us/

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 21 Jul 2015 15:56

Being in "the biz" as far as outdoor gear goes, I can say that the biolite stoves I heard feedback on has been generally positive. Some people using the CampStove had their charging cable a little to close to the heat with obvious results but no issues otherwise.

That Base Camp model is pretty slick Let me know how it goes if you take the plunge.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.