Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / PV solar experts?
itsals1
# Posted: 23 Jul 2015 21:59 - Edited by: itsals1

Hello
I do not post much ,but check out the site ever day. I'm looking into installing a PV system at our home, about 5KW. I've never had any experience with solar, but want to install myself. Wholesalesolar.com is where I have been looking, any thoughts or experience with them? Any suggestions on panels and inverters? It will be a ground mount system, and will be back feeding the grid.
Thanks
Travis

groingo
# Posted: 24 Jul 2015 10:10 - Edited by: groingo

If you are going grid tied you would do well to consult with your power provider and see what they can offer you for incentives and possible discounts.
Talk to others in your area that have done the same thing and ask what they might do different.
Finally, look at youself and see how you are using power and where you could make some changes to save energy, the more you can save now the less solar you have to put in and that could mean big bucks saved.
Do your homework, never take any salesmans word and keep asking questions.

I'm no expert but ten years of looking at alternatives and the past five years living it and now a year of complete off grid solar have proven my rule, "to make solar work without breaking the bank and still maintaining a comfortable lifestyle, eliminate electricity wherever possible", my requirement dropped from 3kw a day to 0.180kw a day, not by just unplugging things but doing things differently and getting my priorities straight.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.