Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Propane Setup
<< . 1 . 2 .
VC_YamahaRider
# Posted: 15 Oct 2015 22:06

I have purchased the 15K BTU Housewarmer propane heater. I also went with the suburban propane water heater. Can I use the flex gas line to go from the black pipe to the appliance?

bldginsp
# Posted: 15 Oct 2015 22:33

Yes, use a gas connector (flex line), they sell them at all the home supplies. Make sure you get the right diameter connector given the BTUs of the appliance. The gas connector should not pass through any wall or divider because if it rubs on anything it may rub through eventually. And instal a valve at the end of the hard pipe so you can shut off the appliance. Since you need to hard pipe into the wall heater, you can instal the valve outside the heater, then from there instal a short section of hard pipe into the heater, then attach the connector. Or, run hard pipe into the heater and instal the valve inside the heater so long as it is accessible.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.