Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Lithium battery charge question
<< . 1 . 2 .
NorthRick
# Posted: 26 Sep 2015 15:51

Quoting: MtnDon
Do any utilities actually use batteries? Not that I know of.

Not that I know of either. But, I think that is the goal for these companies. The fact that it hasn't happened is why many are shaky financially. The few people left are pursuing that big juicy contract and don't have time to take a call from groingo. Groingo's purchase won't get them out of the hole they are in. A purchase from one of the Con Edison's of the world might.

This is all speculation on my part, of course.

creeky
# Posted: 26 Sep 2015 16:26

there is a big install of batteries for power back up going in in California. google 100 megawatt lithium storage. they actually won the project based on cost.

for a long list of alternative energy storage projects. this list includes many lithium storage projects.

AES is aiming at 1,000 megawatts of lithium storage. etc.

but you're right. nobody cares about us little guys when the big projects come with big profit margins.

ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 26 Sep 2015 17:37

Terrific posts and links. Thank you all.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.