Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Am I reading this right? Solar generator question!
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 06:32

So I'm back in Tejas, sadly enough, after a wonderful trip to my land in Oregon, spraining my knee in San Francisco, and returning to all sorts of medical and non-medical "fun." But I digress ...

I'm getting my cabin building particulars together, thinking about the basic plumbing and wiring. I'm still toying with the solar generator idea and found this very intriguing:

12K Watt Peak 120/240Vac Split Phase Solar Generator
Allows You To Use both 120v & 240V Items Such As Well Pumps Up To 2 HP

Our Solar Powered Generator is portable and can run 1 HP well pumps for 1.5 hours per day of continuous use and a 2HP Pump for 45 minutes per day.

Solar Generator Includes: (4) 100Ah Deep Cycle Batteries, 12K Watt Peak/4000 Watt Continuous Pure Sine Wave Inverter, (3) 150 Watt Solar Panels- excellent in low light conditions, *500 Amp ANL Fuse (safety feature), 60 Amp charge Controller With LCD Meter for monitoring battery status, 1 USB Ports, 30 feet of solar panel cables.

The inverter can utilize grid-power to charge the batteries and send the power out to your application using the built-in 40 amp battery charger. If the power does go down from the grid, this inverter is equipped with a seamless transition transfer switch, becoming a true UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) when you need it in emergency situations and natural disasters.

This system has an on board diagnostics LCD screen showing you of any abnormalities on all parts of the system, giving you ample time to fix the issue and exactly where to look. This inverter charger also comes with an Auto Generator Start mode that can tell a generator to start up and begin providing charge to the batteries (through a separate charger on a genset) or providing power to the home.

Our Solar Powered Generator Comes Assembled, Just Connect The Cables Together and You're Ready to Go!

*500 AMP ANL Fuse from Battery to Inverter. In the case of a short, the fuse will blow instead of ruining your equipment or starting a fire. Simply replace fuse if it blows

Dimensions: 36 x 22 x 22"
*Due to weight the batteries and solar panels will be shipped separately. Simply insert the batteries and connect the cables.

**Consult with an electrician for connecting the system to your breaker panel..

Am I reading this correctly? That I can have the cabin wired, hook this solar generator up to the breaker panel, and it will power the standard outlets AND there's a dealy on it that will signal a second genny to start up and charge the battery battery bank if the batts are running down or take over powering the cabin?

If I am, then this sounds rather ideal for me. I like that it will handle 12V and 24V and things inside the cabin and power equipment outside, too. This company offers lithium batts, as well, so I'll ask them about upgrading to those.

The cost of this system is $3,500. I'm sure that those in the know could build something themselves for less but I'm not one of those people. And it looks like it would be fairly easy for the electrician I'll have to hire anyway to wire the cabin to connect this to the breaker box and get it going.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.