Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Stove sucking air!
Smawgunner
# Posted: 10 Nov 2015 11:14

So I've narrowed it down to the door not seating firmly enough to the stove and as a result I'm going through wood like crazy. It's a very small stove and has a new seal to the door/window. It just feels like when I throw the handle over, it's not very tight and there are no adjustments. I don't weld so that's not really an option but I was thinking of tightly wrapping the hook on the door with some wire to make it just a smidge thicker to make more of a seal. Thoughts on that or any other suggestions??

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 10 Nov 2015 13:36

I would take handle off...let someone who does weld...run beads of welds on it to BUILD IT UP IN THICKNESS...then go back home take my angle grinder and custom fit it....take a little off with grinder..then if it needs more for a snug fit!!!

MtnDon
# Posted: 10 Nov 2015 14:20 - Edited by: MtnDon

Search for "wood stove door gasket" or "wood stove rope gasket". There are different sizes (diameters). What kind of stove?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.