Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Outback Introduces New Small MPPT Charge Controllers
MtnDon
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 00:45

Something new in the lower power class MPPT charge controller

Available at many online vendors. Do a google for Outback Smart Harvest Charge Controller

This is simply news, not a product endorsement

Steve_S
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 06:05

Interesting, Alt-E has the Smart Harvest 20A MPPT Solar Charge Controller for $155 but the spec sheets don't get into any detail about the AC Load Side (inverter) other than to say 20A Max Output Current. This could certainly serve many uses no doubt about it.

MtnDon
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 09:40

147 @ solarblvd for the 20 amp, 90 for 10 amp

Nate R
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 16:25

Steve, I don't think that model is anything BUT a charge controller. The press release makes that clear. The SPCU 1024 is supposed to have the 1kw inverter as well, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

creeky
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 17:56

I hope that SPCU 1024 isn't vapour ware. That is exactly what solar off grid needs. Eff this assemble bits and bobs cra*.

Give me a one device. Let me hang it. Attach the battery at one end, panels at the other. And run me some circuits to the cabin.

As for cheap mppt. There's lots of good options now.

Nate R
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 22:20

I agree, Creeky. The 1024 sounds like a nice clean easy option. I'm anxious to see the price.

Steve_S
# Posted: 10 Dec 2015 06:54

I been reading up on articles etc on this... The unit has the 1000-watt inverter built in for the Load Side. There is no mention what Sine Wave it produces.

Interesting to note that not many vendors are carrying this product line which I would think has appeal to a lot of folks... Well not the On-Grid, Back-feed types but RV, Boat, Campers, Cabin folks... The product is not being pushed very much and the details & specs are minimal. Their DOCS also SUCK see below. maybe a Passive Aggressive way to not sell many of these ?

SmartHarvest-SCCM20-100-Specsheet.pdf

SmartHarvest-SCCM20-100-manual.pdf

creeky
# Posted: 10 Dec 2015 09:55

Steve you've linked to an mppt solar controller. Other then it's a nice box there is little to recommend it. Note the small power handling capacity. 300 watts input?

And the lack of adjustable charge settings. Okay, for a 300 watt system you might go lead acid. but no lithium setting?

lots of good cheap mppt controllers out there with adjustable inputs or lithium preconfigured. hopefully the SPCU 1024 is more flexible. or at least an easy set up for micro solar.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.