Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Any thoughts on this?
tony
# Posted: 27 Oct 2010 17:34

Wind Turbine

hattie
# Posted: 27 Oct 2010 19:28

I showed this link to my hubby and he was very excited about it. Trust me, he knows his windmills. *S* It takes a lot to impress him and he's blown away ('scuse the pun) with this one. He looked at the design and concept behind this and he figures it should be the most efficient small windmill he has ever seen. It basically has only one moving part and no mechanical drag (one pair of bearings). There are no gears or brushes. Most of the drag will be the magnetic drag created by actually producing electricity. It should start producing electricity in a lower wind speed then any other design.

Thanks so much for posting this Tony!

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Oct 2010 20:48

Geez, if I'm not mistaken, our company was involved in some of the first electro-magnetic designs for this a couple or more years ago.
It was a comer then, and looks to be taking root now.
Sure hope consumers/residents can get a good deal without too many hands in the middle, and regulations up the yang.
Same time frame we built prototype wave-tech generators, but that was way too spendy from the get-go.
Worked with Dave Farnsworth (son of Filo, inventor of what would become television) on some unconvetional designs in the early 90s, but ol' lady Hormell's money dried up and so did Dave..a bit of an odd fellow, but so are a lot of inventors.....way different frequency.

Again, sure hope we all get a chance at this.
Thanks for posting this Tony.

Gary O'

Youngster
# Posted: 25 Feb 2011 15:57

a related wind resource potential map... might help someone...
http://www.windpoweringamerica.gov/wind_maps.asp

rayyy
# Posted: 25 Feb 2011 16:22

Northern tool-$6,400.00 Way,way out of my ball park.But still,a great looking set up.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.