Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / rechargable vacum cleaner
old greybeard
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 08:37

We always had to start our generator when running the vacuum. Bought one of these instead:
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner-BH50010/dp/B001PB8EJ2/ref=sr_1_1 /177-7143667-1988442?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1453815307&sr=1-1&keywords=Rechargeabl e+Vacuum+Cleaner

really happy with it, charging the battery is low draw off solar and the thing works great. Even bought one for home.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 08:52

Very small too, wont take up lots of valuable cabin space either. Detachable battery, take it home with charger to keep it fully charged vs leaving is at cabin to set and go dead. All good features.

MtnDon
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 10:39

Buy a iRobot Roomba and let it do the work for you. You do need to help out with things like reducing cord clutter around the floor but they work very well.

Nate R
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 10:47

Definitely good features. Thanks for sharing, put it on the Amazon list for down the road.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 12:17 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

I have the Hoover Air Cordless BH50140,it's $197.00 on Amazon with free shipping. I bought it for the cabin last summer but like it so much that I use it at home too. I saved the shipping battery boxes and box for the charger to protect them when I bring them home.

It comes with two lithium batteries. That is a feature I like. Each battery lasts about 30 minutes. I can vacuum my cabin three-four times before I need to charge the battery. It also has the telescoping wand and a few attachments so I can get into corners and vacuum sills and windows. It also comes with a extra filter and roller brush. This is one of my best cabin purchases.

Edited to include: I am using this on hardwood floors and low pile rugs. The roller brush does not like high pile so I turn it off. I have long hair and noticed that my hair wraps around the roller brush. This is very easy to clean because it is made to take apart. A great idea. Most vacuums do not have this option.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 26 Jan 2016 21:41

Having 3 dogs, I couldn't find a vacuum that would last me more than 2 years without losing cleaning power, no matter how diligently I cleaned out the hoses, cleaned/replaced filters, etc -- until I bought a Dyson. Geez, I've had my Dyson for more than 8 years and she's still going strong I haven't had to replace ANYTHING. I just make sure her filter and brushes are clean. Amazing machine, very powerful suction even after all of these years.

So, I'll be finding my beloved, corded Dyson a new home and buying a cordless Dyson for the cabin. Well worth the extra money with 3 dogs, in my experience. I'm looking at the Dyson D-6. It doubles as a little hand-held, too, which is handy for cleaning out the car.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 27 Jan 2016 00:28

I have a corded Dyson and love it. I looked at their cordless models and decided against one because the entire machine has to be placed into the wall hung charger and there is no extra battery. The battery is part of the machine. I have two batteries. If one fails I can still keep my cabin clean. I recharge the batteries in my truck using a inverter. Hauling the entire machine out there would be silly.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.