Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / New wood stove
Coyote Flats
# Posted: 9 Feb 2016 19:12

I just purchased a new wood stove for my medium size cabin I got a super 27 by pacific energy. It's the most common stove used in eastern Canada . Has anyone have any experience with this model ?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Feb 2016 19:54

Found it online, it looks like a nice unit. I dont know how big your cabin is, but I'd guess it will run you out of there.

http://www.pacificenergy.net/products/wood/super/super/

beachman
# Posted: 9 Feb 2016 20:42

Our place is about 500sf with a loft about another 100sf with a Pacific Energy Vista. It works great. From a freezing start, it takes about 8 hrs to bring the core temps up to about 70. It is pretty efficient but we use the place hardly at all in winter. Nice to have the legs and the ash drawer. The 27 looks a bit larger and with a larger place, it should work well. Takes a chill off in spring and fall in no time at all.

Coyote Flats
# Posted: 9 Feb 2016 21:56

I'm around 1500 square ft and well insulated. I live at my cabin 24/7 and we can get down to -40 C once or twice a year . We hardly see much -30 C some winters. I'm hoping I can control the temp well enough. Pacific Energy is said to be one of the best stove manufactures so I will see

Shadyacres
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 09:19

That looks like a very nice woodstove !

old243
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 09:31

We have a pacific energy spectrum, purchased new in 2007. It is in our large farm kitchen. Very happy with it, you will be happy with yours . I purchased a cheap fan, probably 10 inch that sits behind it on the floor. this drives the air up around the firebox and creates circulation . This was recommended rather than the type that goes inside the stove. The built in ones don't last very long , before failing , due to dust etc and are expensive. Not sure if you are on grid. If the weather is not too severe it heats our whole house. It is easy to control, I like the ash drawer. Every morning when the fire is low , I drop a few of the dead ashes down, then rake the live coals ahead, open her up for a while, add wood , you are good for the day. We haven't had to light it since last fall. Hope you are happy with yours old 243

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 12:20

Sweet looking stove. We just installed a Blaze King princess and are loving it. This look pretty comparable.

old243
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 13:56

Go to the hearth.com website there are good reviews of different woodstoves. Chimney recommendations etc. Pacific energy is well represented there. old243

Coyote Flats
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 14:44

Thanks I will check it out

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.